Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 plus benefits
Our client, a market leader supplier to the retail industry now has an excellent opportunity for a Buyer to join their team. You will be experienced in print, packaging, FM or related categories.
The main purpose of your role will be to will be to support the Category Manager across multiple categories. You will deliver category profit and sales growth within the product range; whilst monitoring and adjusting inventory levels in line with budget.
- Provide business leadership and technical competency to help the transformation of current Purchasing practices within areas of scope.
- Understand market and customer trends, and ensure that product procurement and placement reflects these trends accurately and ahead of time. Input into the businesses strategy in relation to competitor threats.
- Work with the Supply Chain function to reinforce sales channels’ propositions that are designed to leverage sales via improvements in fulfilment.
- Manage relationships critical to the success of the overall Purchasing strategy.
- Represent the category channels’ operational needs to Senior Management in capability planning sessions to ensure that they receive flawless products and service.
- Develop best-in-class Purchasing models.
- Meet category margin targets. This includes strategy and tactics for new product range launches, innovation and new product development.
- Drive sales and profit growth through collaboration with sales function and customers.
The successful candidate will need to have previous experience working as a Buyer - preferably within indirect or GNFR. You will possess excellent negotiating skills as well as experience in procurement as well as solid communication and articulation skills and attention to detail is key.
Our Client seeks an individual who can work well under their own initiative and who will be able to come in and hit the ground running, making a real contribution to this team.
This position offers a competitive salary and outstanding package, including market leading bonus scheme, regular salary reviews, free parking, great holidays and a very friendly team environment.
For Further information please contact one of our specialist consultants quoting REF: NJR8334
KEYWORDS: BUYING, PROCUREMENT, INNOVATION, RETAIL, FMCG, INDIRECTS, BUYER
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'