A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Buyer or Senior Buyer to join this public sector organisation based in Central London who are looking for a category buyer who has experience in procurement processes, contract management and building relationships with key stakeholders and external suppliers The purpose of the category buyer is to assist the category manager and support them in strategic planning & analysis to deliver value for money and improve the quality and mange risks in the supply chain.
Main responsibilities of the Category Buyer
- Support Category Managers with strategic planning, opportunity analysis to deliver value for money & improve quality
- Advise and support stakeholders in procurement related matters
- Where appropriate manage risks and value for money through effective negotiations and appropriate contractual relationships
- Use procurement tools and frameworks
- Lead on the management of internal procurement processes as well as supporting ongoing optimisation of new supplier on boarding, preferred supplier monitoring and reporting
Skills & Experience required of the Category Buyer
- Demonstrate previous experience in a procurement or buyer role
- Proven track record in providing excellent customer service
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Good understanding of MS Office applications
- Strong understanding of procurement systems
Salary up to £30,000
This role would be perfect for a buyer or senior buyer or sourcing specialist or procurement specialist or procurement officer or category manager or category buyer.
- Buyer or Procurement or Purchasing or Sourcing or Category or Commodity or Supply Chain
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'