About the Company: Our client is a well-established company in the Derbyshire area who are looking for a Full Time Buyer to join their team on a permanent basis. Please note: Due to the location of the client you must drive and have access to your own vehicle.
- To procure products and services to support the company's manufacturing requirements using professional and ethical purchasing techniques and strategies.
- Responsibile for Expediting / Buying of raw material with MRP system, and indirect material orders for production.
- Raising of Purchase Orders through to order fulfilment.
- Purchasing a mixture of production materials and consumable items Raising PO's via the MRP system in-line with manufacturing and production schedules.
- Through an analytical and logical use of traditional MRP and Lean supply chain management methodologies manage and optimise the incoming material supply chain. Ensuring adequate and timely supplies to fully support production minimum inventory and minimum cost.
- Raising PO's via MRP system in-line with manufacturing and production schedules.
- Good operational understanding and knowledge of purchasing and materials control functionality - Pull and MRP systems.
- Purchase order placement from Internal Requisitions.
- Processing supplier order acknowledgements. Updating delivery dates on the system and chasing orders where necessary.
- Working directly with suppliers to expedite on-time deliveries and inventory levels.
- Maintaining key information within the purchasing system.
- Creating and issuing weekly progress reports to suppliers, whilst regularly chasing deliveries.
- Creating, analysing and issuing of monthly inventory reports.
- Sourcing of new suppliers where necessary, including gathering Pricing, MOQ's and lead times
- Day to day purchasing activities along with tasks as required by the Senior Buyer.
- Maintaining & updating purchasing data on to the system.
- Minimum of 2 years buying experience with full interaction with MRP systems - ideally within a manufacturing environment, but other sectors will be considered.
- Chartered Institute Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) Qualification Level 3 or above.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE's (A-C) or 'A' level education.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and material specifications.
- Proven experience of working with a traditional MRP system.
- Full understanding of all the principles of procurement and good knowledge of Procurement Processes.
- Good Mathematical skills.
- High level of competency in the use of Microsoft Excel & Word.
- Current knowledge of new procurement practices.
- Experience gained working within an engineering environment (advantageous)
- Relevant experience in Procurement and Supply Chain.
- Good communication, skills and customer focused.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise workload.
- High level of professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail and a positive can-do attitude.
What's in it for you? This is a Full Time, Permanent position. Working hours will be between Monday - Thursday 8am-5pm, Fridays 8am-12noon. Salary will be in the region of £28k, but will depend upon experience. Our client offers excellent benefit package that can be discussed at interview stage.
Interested to know more? Please send an up to date CV to to apply.
- CIPS Level 3 qualified with manufacturing industry experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"