Are you looking to join a truly global business? A business that offers career progression, flexible hours and a great working environment? Are you an experienced Buyer? If so, this could be the role for you!
A global organisation that design and manufacture heavy engineering equipment for a number of organisations around the world now has an excellent opportunity for a Buyer to join their newly built offices in Lancashire.
As Buyer you will be purchasing fabrications materials and ensuring they are available from production schedules and customer requirements. You will be developing and maintaining Vendor management strategies and monitoring vendor performance through appropriate metrics as well as negotiating contract terms with Suppliers so as to optimise supplier performance whilst upholding target profit margins.
- Negotiate prices with suppliers for annual agreements and contracts.
- Procure Fabrications in line with MRP and project plans ensuing materials are in line with cost, quality and delivery performance indicators.
- Maintain system integrity within Procurement function ensuring key performance targets are met and continual improvements made.
- Take an active role in developing and implementing improvements of the procurement function through a proactive approach to new technology, techniques and sources of supply.
- Manage vendor performance to meet organisational KPI's
- Liaise closely with internal customers at site locally and globally.
- Soliciting competitive bids through RFQ's
- Maintaining a suitable and diverse pool of suppliers
- Manage supplier relationships
- Adhere to purchasing procedures
The successful candidate will be a professional team-player with a dynamic and decisive approach, you will have the ability to build strong relationships with suppliers and influence across all levels. With your eye on the detail, you will be highly organised and capable of working to deadlines.
For more information please contact one of specialist consultants quoting REF: NJR7783
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job