The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving 'Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
Key Skills: MRP, SAP, Procurement, Purchasing, Inventory, Material & Warehouse, Suppliers
The successful candidate for the Buyer role will be operating as the procurement interface into the Project Team structure. This role will predominantly operate within the Procurement team managing the procurement and acquisition of materials and services to achieve cost, quality and schedule objectives.
To balance demand against capacity (supply) and to take relevant actions that ensure the Project Team delivers to plan. Liaising with the Planning, Production, Quality and Procurement teams, the role holder will ensure that customer business priorities are met.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Draft and prepare routine quotations, purchase orders, other standard agreements and internal approvals in line with standard formats
- Analyse, process, confirm and communicate requirements to the supplier
- Negotiate deadlines/quantities and prices with suppliers
- Able to interpret problems which arise and suggest solutions in case of shortages
- Provide input to Project Team project meetings to answer questions concerning contract/supply chain matters
- Oversee the progress and follow the flow of manufacturing on the supplier's site, manage order book and delivery receipts
- Measure and analyse supplier performance in coordination with the functional requirements and if their targets are not being reached, set up internal and external action plans in close cooperation with the stakeholders
- Establish and implement action plans to limit risks and to shorten production cycles
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required:
- Candidate must be self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
- Related working experience specialising in Purchasing / Inventory / Material & Warehouse
- Familiar with the contents of suppliers' contracts
- Ability to balance priorities and manage time effectively
- Good interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels internally and externally.
- A pragmatic approach to getting the required results
- Experience of SAP is advantageous
- Good IT skills including MS Office
As a member of the Institute of Recruiters (IOR), the Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job