Do you have purchasing experience? My industry leading client is looking for a buyer to join their team on a full time bases.
The job involves helping to source direct and indirect materials at the appropriate quality level, on time and at the most competitive cost from new programme launch through to steady state production.
- Purchasing of direct materials in line with operational requirements
- Maintaining part and procurement parameters i.e. supplier lead times, strategic safety stocks, yields.
- Ensure all purchase orders and amendments are always up to date in the system
- Running tender processes for new requirements, negotiating pricing and terms and conditions
- Develop and maintain proactive supplier relationships
- Work with internal and external partners to optimise stock and ensure stock is provided in line with product life-cycle and business requirements
- Identify and manage cost reduction initiatives
- Work with suppliers and other departments to ensure robust corrective actions are in place to deal with non-conformity
- Work with Product/Programme team to manage procurement actions in new product introduction
- On a regular basis monitor Procurement KPI's
- Build strong internal relationships and work with all areas to address purchasing issues and requirements.
- Continuous Improvement. Work with internal colleagues and group colleagues to continuously develop and improve procurement and supply chain processes, tools and ways of working
- Implement new tools, processes and procedures that are identified for group role out
My client is happy to consider either permanent or temporary candidates and will negotiate salary.
Candidates with relevant experience are welcomed to apply.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job