We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced buyer who feels ready to take the next step to develop their career within a rapidly expanding company.
ITS are one of the largest independent power & hand tool suppliers in the UK with a hugely successful on-line presence, quarterly catalogue and retail operation with ambitious plans for future growth and development. Last year we moved into our new impressive distribution centre with great facilities and parking. The company prides itself on its strong work ethic, friendly and sociable atmosphere with a management structure who are supportive and keen to encourage internal progression.
If you think you have the drive and passion to excel in this role and have the appropriate skills and experience, we would love to hear from you.
Main Purpose of the Job
Working as a part of a dedicated Buying team you will be responsible for some key aspects of the buying function and administration to support the Buying Manager in achieving and maximising opportunities for sales, profits and margin. Taking responsibility for the sales and profit performance of a designated product category while, sourcing and developing new and existing product ranges. Liaising with the Marketing team to support with the creation of the catalogue and all promotional activities.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To be responsible for the construction and maintenance of the buying matrices for all new and current suppliers for within the relevant category.
- To research new brands and products negotiating the best prices, promotions and rebate packages to maintain competitive position within the marketplace, ensuring margin targets are achieved.
- Attend trade shows and conferences both in the UK and abroad, actively supporting in supplier meetings as required.
- To be responsible for placing, forecasting and scheduling purchase orders, considering stock holding, sales and promotional activities, warehouse capacity and lead times.
- To manage and report on current products to ensure maximising performance, taking appropriate action to address ineffective or under- performing lines.
- Upload information to the system ensuring accuracy and resolving queries.
- Establish strong relationships with suppliers ensuring effective communication channels are created and queries and issues are resolved efficiently.
- Work alongside the buying and marketing teams to aid in the creation of the catalogue and sales brochures, this includes helping with the creation and the maintenance of supplier matrices and the gathering of information and images for buying and marketing.
- To support and assist the Buying manager with training and developing new members of the team and assisting the Senior Buyers when required.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures and adherence to statutory Health & Safety requirements.
Necessary Skills & Attributes
Necessary Skills and Attributes
- GCSE maths & English to Level 4 or equivalent
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience with in a retail or online industry would be preferred
- Experience within a purchasing/ buying role required
- A commercial awareness and understanding of buying budgets, forecasts and margins.
- A high level of computer literacy required
- Competent user of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- A high level of verbal and written communication skills is essential
- An excellent telephone manner and professional email correspondence is required.
- An ability to effectively communicate with team members at all levels including senior management is essential.
- An ability to actively and confidently participate in supplier meeting is required.
Attitudes and Behaviours
- Must be confident, motivated and able to work independently
- Must have a pleasant, helpful and optimistic attitude and ability to form strong working relationships across a variety of business functions.
- Must have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a valuable team member actively supporting others and having a flexible can-do attitude.
- Commercial Awareness
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'