The Buyer will join a newly-formed, and forward thinking Procurement & Supply Chain function. Responsible for predominately tactical and operational purchasing activities, the Buyer will place and expedite purchase orders on a newly implemented SAP MRP system. It's critical that the Buyer is an excellent relationship builder, capable of supporting stakeholders and fostering good ties with the supply chain. The supply chain are predominately subcontract machinists, suppliers of engineered and small components.
Specific duties of the Buyer include:
- Raising and expediting purchase orders on MRP
- Develop strong relationships with the supply chain, monitor performance and drive improvements in OTD
- Inventory Control - monitor stock levels held onsite
- Work closely with production, advising of material shortages
- Maintain the data of Procurement & Supply Chain department on MRP
Buyer applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience as a Buyer, or in Purchasing, Materials Control or Supply Chain
- Experience working within a manufacturing or engineering business
- IT literate, and ideally experience in the use of an MRP system
- Relationship builder, capable of working with suppliers to improve their performance/terms offered
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
- Supply Chain
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job