Our Client is currently recruiting for an exciting 6 month contract Buyer position. The ideal candidate will have experience of electrical component sourcing along with MRP systems experience. We are looking for a dynamic individual, ideally with experience in an Electronics/Manufacturing/Defence industry although this is not essential.
**Must be eligible to obtain BPSS clearance**
- Run MRP and request quotations for items required to be purchased.
- Supply material due dates for new orders to the Purchasing Manager within 48hours of receiving details of the customer order.
- Select supplier in accordance with approved supplier listing and place order at or below the standard cost.
- Obtain all necessary documentation and information to meet purchasing requirements for goods delivered.
- Progress all outstanding orders and identify shortages.
- Set planning parameters at component level as follows: order multiples, lead times, safety stocks, contract pricing, dock to stock, primary vendor
- Attend Vendor Reviews as requested and assist with vendor appraisal.
- Review purchasing activities on current projects to ensure all delivery dates are achieved and all problems solved.
- Assist with preparation of and collating of Management data.
- Set up Vendor Schedules / Buffer Agreements and monitor inventory and liability.
- The buyer will be expected to work using Macola, the Vendor Portal, Microsoft Office and Connectivity Obsolescence Management Software. ( plus other tools, as required)
- 3 years plus experience in a procurement role.
- Great Customer service skills
- Strong systems skills and a willingness to learn and develop skills
- A flexible attitude and the ability to make quick decisions
- Experience in an Electronics/Manufacturing/Defence industry is desirable.