This is a fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to join a well-established purchasing team in the Chesterfield area. In this role you will be working closely with the Purchasing Manager, generating BOM's through the MRP to supply materials for production.
I'm currently working with a business who manufacture a number of chemical based products for some of the biggest retailers in the UK. As a market leader they continue to stay ahead of the competition by developing new products and winning new business, and as a result are relocating to new manufacturing plant in Chesterfield. I am looking for a Buyer who has experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment with experience using MRP systems.
As the Buyer you will be responsible for the following.
- Processing of component and factored goods orders to meet production and customer needs.
- Monitoring of Products requirements and Bill of Material inventories for order placement to vendors.
- Support set up of Products and Bill of Materials.
- Effective control of phase in /out parts.
- Analysis of customer requirements to identify demand variances.
- Communicate & report effectively to managers and colleagues.
- Propose solutions to solve daily supply issues.
- Lead vendors to achieve on-time customer delivery.
Personal Specification of the Buyer;
- Experience within a high-volume environment would be an advantage
- Purchasing experience within an MRP environment is essential
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office. Excel is essential
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to prioritise work load without supervision
£25,000 - £32,000
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job