At Exertis, we thrive in a company culture that is driven to deliver more for customers. Our employees are committed, proactive and motivated. This dynamic environment contributes to a thriving growth-focused culture throughout Exertis, providing many career opportunities that span sales, commercial and corporate activities
Proactively forecast and order stock to the requirements of the business. Maintain the financial integrity of the stock profile. Build relationships with key vendors to ensure growth. Operate within the parameters of the business in relation to stock / aged targets and key purchasing metrics.
As a buyer you will:
- Be responsible for all stock replenishment on run rate product.
- Forecasting stock as required
- Support and interrogate all customer forecasts
- Negotiate, maintain and improve all terms and pricing with supplier
- Take ownership of vendor issues and look for process and efficiency improvements
- Raise, get approved and send purchase orders to suppliers, whilst adhering to all relevant procedures
- Resolve queries or discrepancies on supplier invoices
- Ensure all price protections and claims are communicated to the vendor bid team.
- Plan and report end of month forecast stock holding on a weekly basis
- Complete aged stock reporting and attend weekly meetings
- Maintain supplier relationships, organise and attend regular meetings and QBR's
- Delegation of tasks to the Assistant Buyers
- GP Performance
- Aged stock
- Stock holding
- Stock turns
- Add back
- All internal departments
- Nominated business partners/suppliers
Person Specification (skills, knowledge and experience required)
- Minimum 3 years buying experience
- 3 years' experience of working within distribution or vendor responsible for Channel preferred
Skills & Aptitude:
- Excellent Communication skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Commercial Awareness
- Product Knowledge
- Planning & Organisation
- Flexibility, adaptability & Initiative
- Confidence & Determination
- Performance maximisation
- Good administrative skills.
- Demonstrate a strong awareness of and commitment to Ethics and Compliance and the Group Business Conduct Guidelines.
- Highly numerate / literate
- IT Skills consisting of Microsoft Word, Excel
- General Secondary Education
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job