Buyer is required to lead the purchasing department of an engineering company based in Farnham, the successful Buyer you will be responsible for evaluating vendors, negotiating contracts and preparing reports on supplier performance.
Ultimately, you will create and maintain good relationships with key suppliers to ensure goods and services are the correct quality and delivered on time.
- Salary £35K - £45K + plus Profit Bonus paid monthly
- Pension scheme 4.2 % from employer on minimum 3.5% employee contribution
- 4 x last 12 months earnings life insurance is a free incentive
- 25 days per year holiday plus 8 days statutory holidays, raises to 26 + 8 after five full years' service.
- Subsidised canteen
- Hours of work: 8am to 4:30pm Monday to Thursday, 8am to 3:30pm Friday
Buyer Responsibilities include:
- Buying a variety of parts from lists which are generated by our MRP system on a daily basis
- Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed
- Monitor and update daily the progress and delivery of orders
- Liaise with goods in and production planning departments
- Ensure high levels of accuracy when ordering parts and ensure engineering specifications are correctly met
- Review current suppliers to ensure continued competitiveness
- Review quality of products in conjunction with engineering and quality departments
- Obtaining quotes for new parts and compare and evaluate offers from suppliers
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
- Negotiating contract terms and pricing alongside senior managers
- Proven purchasing experience from a technical engineering background
- HND or HNC in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices
- Experienced technical buyer who can use MRP / ERP systems
- Understanding of supply chain procedures
WR Support Services are the #1 recruitment partner for supply chain, procurement and marketing staff, recruiting UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Senior Buyer
- Lead Buyer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job