An exciting opportunity for a Fresh Buyer to join our team at our Head Office in Harefield has arisen.
About the role:
As a Buyer, you will be responsible for managing your own category within the Fresh Team. We are looking for someone who has experience of buying within Fresh or Frozen ideally, however, any relevant FMCG buying experience will be considered.
You will be responsible for delivering lowest cost price, LED’s, LTA’s and ownership of the primary supplier relations and commercial negotiations.
A brief overview of responsibilities include;
- Delivery of a competitive consumer offer - price, promotions and range in line with the Brand.
- Contribution and delivery of joint business and category plans to grow sales and margins.
- Delivery of affordable customer focussed promotions to drive profitable growth
- Build strong relationships, collaborative ways of working, on-going communications and co-ordinate with Buying teams, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain and Finance.
As a Buyer you will be entitled to a competitive salary, a discretionary bonus, 25 days holiday rising to 28 days after 1 years’ service, a Booker discount card, a matching pension scheme and private health care.
To be successful in this role your skills will include:
- Experience of buying in food retail/wholesale environment
- Business knowledge of retailers/sales, supply chain, finance and IT
- Technical skills within negotiation, supplier management and trade planning
- Financial/commercial awareness
Budgens & Londis are two of the UK's leading names in the independent retail food sector with over 1500 stores and a history of over 140 years of retailing excellence. We are passionate about delivering affordable, quality products and making our customers shopping experience one where we find ways to tempt them to liven up their baskets and meet their daily needs.
The brands are part of the Booker Group, the UK’s leading food wholesaler. The Group comprises Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud, Chef Direct, Booker India and Booker Retail Partners. Together we are privileged to serve 1.5 million customers with a 9.5% share of the Convenience market with our Budgens, Londis, Premier and Family Shopper brands.
Thank you for taking the time to apply for this role and the interest you have shown in us as an organisation.Please note, if you have not heard back within 4 weeks, please assume you have been unsuccessful.We would be happy to receive an application from you in the future, if you haven't done so already please sign up to our job alertswww. bookergroupjobs .co.uk
- Frozen Food
- Fresh Produce
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job