Job Title: Buyer
Reporting To: Progress Manager - Buying
A market leader in the provision of Integrated Stores and Supply Chain Management Solutions for Blue Chip Companies in the UK and Europe,are now seeking an experienced Buyer to work in a busy shared services centre based in Warrington.
The successful candidate will be a key member of a busy transactional buying team for our blue chip customer base.
Your role will involve a series of daily tasks which will cover stock and non-stock items to be sourced, obtain quotes for new items and amend PIR's (Purchase Information Records). The role will be targeted around sourcing products from our preferred list of vendors, although as part of the quotation process you may need to approach other vendors to get the best price.
You will need to be a self-starter and be able to use your own initiative to help source new products, using various knowledge databases, colleagues, strategic procurement team members and the occasional use of the internet.
The role is dynamic and requires the successful candidate to think on their feet.
* Daily sourcing of various items such MRO, PPE, Motor's, Engineering equipment and more
* Sourcing products from new and existing suppliers and using various tools to aid in this procedure
* Sending RFQ's (Requests for quotes) and RFI's (Request for information)
* Cross functional team working
* Dealing with price variances, lead time issues, plant stoppers (urgent item) and urgent items
* Use of SAP and other interfaces designed for the company
* Work to various targets
* Communicate with the clients, suppliers and engineers on a daily basis
* A good background in buying, possibly at a junior buyer or assistant buyer
* Use Of Excel
* Knowledge of SAP
* Good team player
* Able to work under pressure
* Self-motivated individual work in a high volume turnaround business
* Enthusiastic and energetic
* Quick learner
* Able to use initiative when sourcing products
* Good customer service is paramount
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 8am-5pm
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job