Buyer, Maidstone, £32,800
Working for the Purchasing Manager and with the Operational Purchasing and Supply Chain team, this role involves sourcing a broad spectrum of items as effectively as possible, whilst ensuring technical, quality, production and after-sales lead-times are met and pricing is competitive and challenged where not.
This focus will ensure that real value is provided to the organisation; whilst allowing it to meet its operational needs.
The candidate will support in all aspects of Purchasing and Supply Chain management including:
- Sourcing of all goods and services within UK and from overseas suppliers both over the phone and face to face meetings as required.
- Sending out RFQ and analysing quotes and making sourcing decisions and following through to implementation in production or after-sales to tight deadlines set by production and after-sales.
- Responsible for updating all MM SAP purchasing data (source lists, info records, material master MRP settings, for your suppliers and any others as requested by the manager.
- Proactively managing all own suppliers, parts , orders , invoices, deliveries, shortages, quality issues, credits, performance ,forecasts and any other as directed by the Purchasing Manager.
- Proactively managing on time delivery and shortages in production and aftersales using SAP system reports and visible management boards.
- Becoming competent quickly with the procurement systems (Internal procedures and SAP IE free issue components and contractor fitments to machines)
- Co-Ordinating ECN engineering changes within the team ensuring they are completed in a timely manner weekly.
- Developing new processes if appropriate with the team and the Purchasing Manager.
- Support of junior Purchasing team members in workload and holidays.
- Raising and owning daily MRP driven purchase orders and managing end to end delivery via MRP and other means, take the lead in the team for daily MRP completion when required by the manager and other team members due to holidays or absence.
- Raising and owning Ad Hoc Orders non MRP driven.
- Visible management lead ( Shortage boards ) ( Team Tasks )
- Quality Issue resolution with suppliers and quality team.
- Support of our aftermarket purchasing and customer service division.
- MCIPS or Degree level qualification in a business related field are desirable but relevant recent experience and skills are essential.
- Experience within a similar operational procurement and supply chain role (Ideally in complex product Manufacturing)
- SAP experience.
- Confident communicator at all levels
- Excellent organisational skills
- Team player
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Analysing cost data and commercial advantages
- Analytical skills
- Negotiating skills
- Managing difficult conversations
- Financially literate
- Flexibility to travel as and when required (Driving license essential)
- Flexible to work hours as needed to get the job done
- Ability to read a technical engineering drawing.
- Working in a fast paced busy environment and ability to multitask
- Problem solving skills
- Dynamic individual, keen to excel in the role and organisation
- Works well as part of a small team
- Uses own initiative and works well without supervision
- Flexible/Adaptable approach
- Coaching and mentoring Skills
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
This role is being handled by Emily, Executive Consultant for Pearson Whiffin Recruitment.
- Purchasing Manager
- Procurement Manager