We are looking for a Buyer to join our team in Bournemouth to procure machined components/materials for aerospace applications. This is a crucial role within the business, as you will procure products and services for Aerospace applications. Quality, delivery and cost considerations are paramount and is the ability to work within the companies' quality management system.We are looking for someone who is tenacious, a good problem solver and able to think outside the box. The successful candidate with be self motivated, confident and able to work well with a wide audience of internal and external suppliers. This is a hands on position covering a broad range of purchasing related activities.
- Previous experience in purchasing machined Aerospace components/materials is preferable but consideration will be given to experience from similar technical roles.
- Ability to interpret Technical Drawings and specifications
- Computer literate with a basic working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook - ideally working with an MRP system.
- Confident telephone manner
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate confidently and persuasively with a wide variety of people
- Team player
- Good organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Aerospace Manufacturing
- Technical Drawing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job