I am currently recruiting a buyer on behalf of a well established retailer in Leicestershire. Joining a successful and ambitious purchasing team, the buyer is required to support growth across the business and will be a pivotal part of the team. If you are looking for an exciting role within a business that will allow you to thrive and develop your career in a friendly, supportive environment, please get in touch to find out more.
Areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to:
* Merchandising / stock control: Creating stock codes and descriptions, forecasting, reviewing stock demand against weekly averages and calling off stock from outstanding purchasing orders
* Buying: negotiating prices with new and existing suppliers, working with suppliers across Europe and the Far East, managing supplier performance and attending supplier review meetings
* Administration: keep the internal system up to date, generating purchasing orders for new and existing products, liaising with internal stakeholders and assisting the buying team with ad hoc purchasing administration
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
* Strong Excel knowledge, including formulas, pivot tables and vlookups
* Highly organised and efficient with the ability to meet tight deadlines
* Excellent communication skills and able to build and maintain relationships
* Experience in a buying / merchandising / stock role
This is a great opportunity to become part of a friendly working environment, with an expanding team and competitive salary - please get in touch for more details.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job