Materials Buyer - Rail - Top Tier Main Contractor - £30k - £40k - Kent
Have you worked in tendering and procurement previously? Are you bored at looking at the same jobs day in, day out, perhaps you just want a new challenge? I'm looking for a Materials Buyer to support my Tier 1, Main Contractor Rail Client based down in Kent.
Not only does this role offer experience working for a reputable, top tier main contractor, they have been involved in some of the most prestige projects in the South East and offer great training! You will need to work closely with the project staff to meet the procurement schedule for projects, in accordance with procurement policies and processes.
Principal Duties & Accountabilities:
- Reporting to the Commercial / Finance Director
- Using the right purchasing procedures that efficiently and effectively deliver goods to contracts.
- Providing a good personal service to colleagues, ensuring the purchasing of goods meets their operational needs.
- Being price competitive when purchasing materials.
- Identify key material and provide information to site teams for efficient procurement
- Provide feedback on financial performance of materials
- Attend supplier meeting to discuss supply challenges (price, quality, availability)
- A degree in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering or similar / Equivalent HND
- Experience working with a Top Tier Main Contractor (infrastructure)
- Demonstrable experience as a Buyer and within Procurement within rail/civil
- Experience in construction materials buying is essential
- Excellent communication skills
To apply to this amazing opportunity, or if you require more information, please send your CV to me, or call on .
Note: All applications are kept confidential and contact will be established with you before submission of your CV to any client.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job