The Buyer will work within a multi-discipline commercial team, and will closely shadow the Senior Buyer. The Buyer will support procurement activity for construction materials and plant, on a number of residential development projects.
Specific duties of the Buyer include:
- Negotiation with suppliers for the procurement of materials and plant
- Supplier benchmarking and market intelligence activities
- Maintenance of supplier database, and management of supply chain performance
- Agree rebate terms with the supply chain
- Liaise with accounts department in relation to invoicing and costing issues
- Ensure correct quantity and specification of materials is delivered on time, to site
Buyer applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge and understanding of construction, housebuilding or related sectors
- Purchasing, estimating or commercial experience within the construction or housebuilding sectors
- Have the ability to build effective relationships with suppliers, and subcontract partners
- Motivated, self-starter looking for a progressive career as a Buyer
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.