Vita Cellular Foam founded in 1949 in Greater Manchester, are market leaders in the design and manufacture flexible polyurethane (foam), latex and flooring products across a variety of sectors, including automotive and home furnishing. The business operates over 38 sites within 15 countries across Europe employing over 2200 people. Vita are characterised by an entrepreneurial spirit, offering outstanding product development, quality systems and local customer care.
Main Purpose of the Buyer Role
Initially the Buyer will be responsible for a £10 million spend across all key raw material purchasing decisions at the Wythenshaw site, ensuring "best in class" purchasing techniques. Following a successful period the Buyers responsibilities will then be extended to take on more strategic category management procurement across the UK sites and then will have the opportunity to progress into category management spend across Europe.
- Scoping, sourcing, negotiating and delivering the highest quality direct and indirect products & services at the most competitive agreements
- Working to agreed working capital targets whilst ensuring raw materials are in place within an ever-moving production plan
- Working with VLP Management team to improve and streamline supply chain processes
- Building and maintaining good relationships with both internal customers and external suppliers
- Ensuring suppliers are aware of business objectives
- Ensuring the Quality standards & requirements are adhered to and kept up-to-date
- Tracking and reporting on key metrics.
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts in-line with internal procedures.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of purchasing in a multi-site manufacturing environment.
- CIPS qualification is desirable (CIPS training provided)
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage multiple projects across several locations
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office & ERP systems
- Sound commercial and financial awareness.
- Excellent Presentation and communication skills.
Package on Offer
The Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with skills and experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to develop their career at a market leading manufacturer based in Greater Manchester.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job