The role is to deliver an excellent and timely purchasing function enabling the business to fulfil customer requirements.
Our client provide the marketplace with a wide range of advanced computer-based measurement and automation systems that can be customised, networked and bundled for easy integration, backed by a technically competent workforce with a highly developed engineering capability and a state of the art EMC test facility.
- Work closely with the Sales team handling price & delivery enquiries in a timely manner
- Work closely with the Engineering teams to ensure delivery schedules are met
- Work with product specialists & sales to set and manage inventory levels to ensure that inventory profiles are maintained
- Develop professional supply relationships internally and externally to continuously improve cost, quality and continuity of supply
- Develop standard operational procedures to improve supply chain performance
- Proven track record within a purchasing/material control role in a technical environment
- Understanding of lean logistics philosophies and tools - Kanban etc
- Clear communicator with excellent negotiation skills
- Able to work unsupervised, act on own initiative and make decisions
- Good numerical and analytical skills
competitive salary and package
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job