The Buyer will be responsible for ensuring that the business purchases and holds the correct amount of raw materials and components to meet production demands, on a LEAN JIT manufacturing environment.
The Buyer will predominately be responsible for purchasing mechanical and electro-mechanical items from a global supply chain. This is a LEAN, JIT manufacturing environment where the Buyer will be responsible for purchasing activities and ensuring the effective movement of parts to the production line. The Buyer will work closely with colleagues in purchasing, production and engineering.
Specific duties of the Buyer include:
- Place purchase orders for production materials/services
- Work towards the achievement of procurement strategy and savings targets
- Manage existing supply chain relationships - re-negotiating where appropriate
- Investigate alternative supplier and subcontract partners
- Liaison with engineering / manufacturing stakeholders
- Represent procurement in regards to NPI
- Material control activities
- Contribute to a LEAN and CI environment
Prospective Buyers should meet the following criteria:
- Procurement or purchasing experience within a manufacturing or engineering business
- Experience purchasing from a mechanical, or electro-mechanical supply chain
- Exposure to UK and international supply chains
- Ability to build relationships internally - Engineering, Production, Sales etc.
- CIPS / Degree - desirable
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
- Supply Chain
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job