My client, a successful building contractor based in south Bristol, are recruiting for an experienced Buyer to join their team on a full time permanent basis.
The ideal candidate will have worked within a similar environment and have strong purchasing experience.
- Assess orders that are urgent and prioritise to ensure that orders are placed in time.
- Purchasing support for various construction projects, including all materials, plant, site sundry items, PPE etc.
- Place orders for materials and plant for all projects, liaising with the Contracts Manager/Site Managers
- Create purchase order for suppliers from the information supplied, obtaining confirmation form the suppliers.
- Allocating orders to the correct suppliers
- Check that the quoted purchase price is correct
- Check that quantities and sizes on orders are correct
- Arrange transport when required
- Confirm order has been place with the person requesting the order
- Monitor all orders against the relevant job budget highlighting any over expenditure
- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers
- Main contact for all Suppliers.
- Negotiate prices/discounts
- Ensure plant is off hired when the site is complete.
- Maintaining the relevant paperwork
In return my client is offering a salary of £28,000 - £32,000 depending on experience.
If you are an experienced buyer working within a construction environment then please send me your CV today for further information!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job