12 month contract
Oswestry, commutable from Wrexham, Shrewsbury, Ellesmere, Whitchurch, Wem
£18,000 - £20,000 + free parking + excellent canteen + friendly working environment
Packaging Buyer required by a busy procurement department to manage and purchase stocks of packaging materials and ingredients. This role will suit a purchasing administrator, interested in developing their career as a Buyer.
- Manage the stock of packaging and ingredient materials to ensure production schedules are met
- Develop strong purchasing relationships with suppliers
- Reconcile daily stocks of packaging and ingredients and make visible any overstocks and shortages
- Manage intake of packaging material from suppliers to meet the customer specifications
- Produce a daily delivery schedule for incoming supply of dry goods
- Develop delivery adherence reports to measure supplier performance and feedback
- Monitor daily forecast, place orders, chase outstanding purchase orders
The successful Packaging Buyer will have the following skills and experience:
- Great organisational and planning skills
- Experience managing new and existing suppliers
- Excellent IT skills
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- The ability to multitask and work productively under pressure
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
- The ability to work effectively in a busy, productive team
- £18,000 - £20,000 (dependent on skills and ability)
- On site car park.
- Excellent Canteen
- Friendly working environment
The business is a large, successful, manufacturing operation with European wide divisions. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced purchasing administrator to develop their skills within a Buying and Procurement function.
This vacancy is advertised by Travail Employment Group who are acting as an Employment Agency.
All candidates registering with Travail Employment Group will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within the next 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised, Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.
- Quality Management
- Production Schedules
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job