Position - Buyer
Salary - £32,000 - £35,000
25 days hol + pension + healthcare
My client a global engineering company are looking for an additional Buyer to join their purchasing team in Farnham working Monday to Friday.
Responsible for all aspects of buying from transactional purchasing administration for a range of complex materials and services, through to reporting and core buyer activities including helping build and provide day to day support for existing vendor list and undertaking associated vendor compliance related activities including ISO checks and site audits.
As Buyer you will:
- Execute and generate compliant purchase orders, based on released bills of materials, approved requisitions, requests for proposal, bid and other similar necessary documents related to the purchasing of commodities or major subcontract items
- Track, facilitate and manage assigned supplier issues (i.e. cost, quality, delivery, and customer service).
- Identify new sources for required materials, helping build evaluation studies
- Undertake independent price / cost analyses
- Familiarity with engineering schematics, manufacturing packs and drawings
- Knowledge and use of price and cost analysis
- Track and report cost savings or potential variances
- Degree qualified within Electronics or related subject with relevant experience
- CIPS qualified or partially trained
- Knowledge of procurement regulations
- Strong Microsoft Office experience including Excel to at least intermediate level
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately. WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy