Salary: £25,000 - 30,000 per annum (depending on level of experience)
Benefits: 9% bonus at target, 28 days holiday, fantastic pension scheme (matched contributions doubled e.g. 7% from Employee, 14% from employer) and much, much more!
Royal London (RL) is the largest mutual life, pensions and investment company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £106 billion. Group businesses provide around 9.0 million policies and employ 3,449 people. (Figures quoted are as at 30 June 2017).
Founded as a Friendly Society in a London coffee shop in 1861, Royal London started out with the aim to help people avoid the stigma of a pauper's grave. Since then we have been helping people help themselves and are committed to delivering the best value for customers and putting members first.
We have a commercial ambition. An ambition to create and sustain a best in class Group-wide Sourcing and Supplier Management capability. A capability that delivers defined commercial excellence, time and time again. The Procurement Transformation is underway and there is no better time to join Royal London!
An exciting permanent opportunity has arisen for a Buyer to join our Sourcing and Supplier Management Team based in our Wilmslow office. The Sourcing and Supplier Management Team's purpose is to be a trusted and valued commercial capability that delivers significant business cost, risk and relationship management value and to create a centre of commercial excellence for the Royal London Group through best in class sourcing and supplier management.
The successful candidate will be responsible for administering the buying process for goods and services in compliance with the Procurement Policy, administering requisitions and processing purchase orders through to receipt of good and to support the P2P Manager with the on-going development of P2P best practice processes, business compliance and technology enablement.
- Ensure Purchase Orders are managed within agreed SLAs
- Record Purchasing data accurately in a timely manner
- Manage the Purchasing queue effectively to help meet SLAs
- Raise ATPs with the relevant level of detail for requester approval
- Ensure the approval process is followed
- Work with suppliers to ensure best price and delivery lead times in line with the request
- Educate the business with regards to compliance to the correct buying and procurement process
- Provide regular feedback on the status of buying requests
- Ensure requested purchases are valid, challenge the requirement as necessary
- Ensure requests are to specification before progressing with the purchasing process
- Proactively assess business buying spend patterns and report to the relevant Sourcing or Supplier Manager
- Support the Sourcing Analyst in their creation and delivery of spend category reports
- Keep knowledge current - a good understanding of 'best practice' buying methods
- Be responsible for own learning and development
- Understand Risk Appetite statements and how they apply to the business area
- Ensure key business risks are fully understood, controlled and mitigated on the team to ensure local plans are delivered and we meet our regulatory requirements
- Reflect the company's core values through demonstrating positive behaviours in relation to your objectives and all stakeholders
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex numerical data and present with clarity and simplicity
- MCIPs qualification or working towards
- Previous experience of supplier & contract management desirable
- Good organisational skills
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Good communication skills (verbal & written)
- A flexible can-do attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to work with relevant business areas, manage multiple renewals/purchases and multiple suppliers
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Strong drive to deliver against commitments
- A detailed, meticulous, thorough approach to work
- Ability to build and maintain relationships (internal and external)
- Good analytical skills - a strong attention to detail and capability to see, assess and mitigate risk
- Strong planning and organisational skills; a completer finisher
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to engage effectively with a range of audiences
- Ability to build and maintain effective business relationships (internal and external)
- Represent the team in a wholly professional and ethical manner
We're looking for candidates with strong behaviours, core values and ethics. Evidentially professional, with a passion for building long-term sustainable business, supplier and colleague relationships. You'll be highly self-aware and see the value that can be enjoyed through collaboration and team working. We always aim to selflessly deliver the best outcomes for our members and customers.
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below. For further queries please contact Joe Donnelly
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job