Hales are currently recruiting for a Buyer/Purchaser to join their successful client based near the Diss area. Due to the location of this role, the successful client will need to drive and have their own car.
This is a full-time position Monday – Friday
- Research, source, and negotiate purchase of approved material from approved suppliers, ensuring best total cost value for the client
- Ensure supplier are approved to the relevant standards
- Maintain a database of approved suppliers, capabilities, contact and relevant contract details.
- Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers.
- Where appropriate negotiate and agree contracts, ensure we receive the most advantageous payment terms and monitor supplier performance against that contract.
- Negotiate with Suppliers and internal customers to ensure products supplied are fit for purpose and within required pricing parameters.
- Where necessary ensure suppliers are aware of business objectives.
- Ensure samples received are as Production samples and are approved by internal customers.
- Make recommendations based on commercial and technical factors
- Place orders on company IT Systems and process delivery paperwork.
- Sign off invoices
- Produce financial /performance reports and statistics.
- Assisting with Budgeting forecasts.
- Keep up to date and advise business of marketplace pricing / cost trends.
- Assisting Group Supply Chain Manager as necessary in other administrative tasks.
- Commercial /Purchasing Background
- Commercial Acumen
- IT Skills
- Written / Spoken English
- Organised, determined, work on own/but team player
- Process orientated
- Training given to right candidate.
If you feel you have the skills and experience for this position please apply with an up to date CV