We are looking to recruit a dynamic Buyer, who has a proven track record of product development and sales growth. The main purpose of the role is to have full ownership of selected categories within the business and manage the day-to-day running of their categories.
- Manage and maintain product categories whilst taking full ownership for specific product ranges.
- Support the Buying & Sourcing Manager in identifying and developing new products, ranges and brands for the company to retail.
- Undertake cost analysis for new products and categories, which satisfy the company’s margin requirements.
- Maintain and update the relevant cost sheets with high degree of accuracy.
- Manage stock and sales reports; undertaking regular analysis and action any amends as required.
- Work closely with Far East manufacturers and our Hong Kong office to ensure that new products are set up correctly, manufactured on time and to the correct cost and specification.
- Participate in Far East and Europe sourcing trips.
- Provide product information in terms of key selling features and specification details to the marketing team. And work closely with them to ensure new product listings are well represented on all sales channels.
- Maintain accurate product file details for all products.
- Carry out regular competitor analysis, developing an understanding of market drivers and carry out any actions.
The successful candidate will have:
- A tenacious, confident self-starter, with an appetite to make things happen with sound strategic awareness and commercial sense.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Buyer or similar role and Far East sourcing.
- The ability to manage both internal and external relationships
- A good eye for detail and an organised approach to projects is essential.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- IT literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Excel.
- Product Development
- Far East
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job