Buyer required for Cwmbran based manufacturer
This market leading manufacturer are seeking a talented Buyer to join their strategic purchasing department,. The suitable candidate will boast best practice procurement experience in a similar environment, and will be responsible for issuing RFI/RFP, working with suppliers to achieve cost reduction and raising PO against MRP demand. The main job responsibilities are outlined below:
- Using MRP data to raise necessary PO, and work with a predetermined number of suppliers to ensure that materials ordered are delivered on time in full, and to the correct quality standards
- To develop partnerships and relationships through meetings with suppliers.
- To manage procurement projects such as industrialisation of new products that include but not limited to composite, metallic and electric components
- To actively engage within the appropriate commodity strategy
- Ensure OTIF from supply base meets the MRP requirements.
- Ensure all KPI's are reported and updated in accordance with requirements
- Ensure Product Quality is in line with drawing specification.
- Maintain metrics of supplier performance including SOTD and SNCR
- To ensure Program/Business Sectors are supported and managed to effectively satisfy all requirements.
- To ensure that the service provided by suppliers meets required levels.
- To ensure communication to Suppliers is of a consistently high standard to support communication throughout the business.
- To provide Management Metrics to allow for accurate and easy monitoring of progress.
- To resolve discrepancy and invoice queries in line with own and team KPI.
- To manage open rework orders within the supply chain, ensuring that they are completed in a timely manner with own and team KPI.
- Constantly monitor and reduce the Open Order Book arrears with own and team KPI.
- Experience of MRP tools and methods.
- Identify improvements to drive agreed team's KPI's.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job