Buyer, based in Peterborough, salary up to £30k
A Buyer is required for leading global business services provider within the construction sector to be based in Peterborough. The ideal candidate will have experience in a purchasing / buyer or supply chain role from within a construction, manufacturing or engineering environment. A business or technical degree with specialisation in purchasing and supply chain management would be advantageous but is not essential.
The Buyer is required to deliver effective procurement solutions to new customer tenders, major project delivery teams and the business as a whole. The role will develop and manage a commodity or a group of commodities that support the overall objectives of the company. The key responsibilities are:
- To manage selected commodity or group or commodities & develop specific commodity strategies that support the overall business objectives of the company & implement commodity strategies that contribute to the growth and profitability of the company
- To ensure that all supply chain risks/opportunities are identified within the commodity strategy and mitigated/realised
- Ensure appropriate supplier contracts, KPIs and SLAs are negotiated with key suppliers
- To assist with problem resolution during implementation and maintenance of commodity strategies.
- To help provide a seamless interface between the Commodity activities and the Material Management function, developing value adding relationships with the material management team, cross-functional departments and suppliers.
- Assume the role of change agent for all externally purchased materials or services.
- You must be an excellent negotiator, be able to think strategically, have the ability to influence, introduce and drive change and be self-motivated.
If you feel you can meet the demands of this role then please apply attaching your CV.
Key words; Buyer, Category Manager, Category Buyer, Procurement Executive, Supply Chain, Commodity Buyer, Commodity Manager, Purchasing