Exciting Torbay business seeks a skilled buyer to assist with its growing operations.
Your new company
Rapidly expanding Torbay business seeks a skilled buyer with in depth experience in international product sourcing to assist with its growing operations.
Your new role
I'm looking for a sourcing specialist who is responsible for sourcing, product development, commercial negotiation and quality management of oversee suppliers. A position which will require regular travel to different countries.
Main duties will include:
- Develop and Maintain of supplier base
- Establish new suppliers and negotiate price and terms of trading for fabric and products
- Close liaison suppliers to ensure quality, pricing, service and delivery are constantly monitored/improved
- Develop a good product and market knowledge, work closely with designer, check development samples, monitor critical path, taking product from design to production within tight deadline.
- The ability to travel frequently, for product approval and production inspection, is essential. Completion of any special projects as required
What you'll need to succeed
- Significant work experience in product development and sourcing.
- Experience purchasing textiles/materials
- International travel with work
- Possess excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Have the ability to think clearly, perform tasks efficiently and accurately, often to tight deadlines.
- Be competent in Word, Excel, Email, Internet etc.
- Have the ability to deal with all levels of management both internally and externally.
- Education to degree level
What you'll get in return
£30000 - £38000
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- senior buyer
- category buyer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job