This rare opportunity has arisen with our outstanding Tyne and Wear based engineering company. They are now looking for a motivated Buyer who is looking to grasp an outstanding career opportunity, and help their business grow and improve.
- In connection with Quotations and Estimating
- Source, Investigate, evaluate and introduce new suppliers.
- Action technical enquiries by providing price and availability for Customer quotations
- In connection with MRP planning of supply of fittings and consumables for use in production :
- Analyse and plan purchases, by running demand requirements from the MRP system.
- Ensure that orders are placed in time, in line with lead times and customer’s schedules.
- Negotiate price, quality, and delivery terms
- Build relationships with suppliers, in order that you can anticipate supplier difficulties, and taking appropriate action to prevent shortages.
- Keep close liaison with internal stakeholders: production mgt, planning, maintenance, stores and warehouse.
- Ensure purchase records are updated and maintained correctly, keeping track of unplaced requisitions to prevent delays.
- Control and reduce costs from defective suppliers, advising them immediately of discrepancies, ensuring the replacement of rejected items speedily.
- Raise schedules on specific suppliers and ensure necessary constituent parts are issued
- Investigate and advise on possible sources of shortages.
- Assist all departments with queries, i.e. order numbers for advice notes, accounts queries.
- In connection with Supplier development, and price reductions / cost control
- Constantly analyse prices to ensure best possible price. Highlight applications for price increases for analysis to determine if new source of supply is necessary
- Liaise on quality control matters with existing and potential suppliers
- A good standard of education is required, with experience of MRP systems essential.
- Proven track record in MRP control, for casting and purchasing
- General purchasing experience in an engineering / manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be diplomatic
- Strong communication, relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Must be prepared to work out of normal hours if required in order to complete a task or meet a deadline
- Ambitious to progress within the role.
- A can do attitude and a robust approach to overcoming problems
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job