My client manufacture and distribute a variety of Packaging industry products to the retail & Business markets aswell as providing packaging for household products.
Due to business growth, they are relocating their Head office to Biggleswade, Bedfordshire.
They have been established for 20 years and have multiple sites nationally and globally.They pride themselves on their teamwork and family feel environment and are seeking a conscientious, hard working & loyal buyer to join their team.
The duties for this role include:
• To negotiate and manage the lowest nett delivered product cost for the business, without compromising on service or quality.
• To Work directly with the stock control team, to maintain both stock levels and stock availability across the warehouse for a specific group of products.
• Manage the life cycle of bespoke products including the sourcing, pricing, placement, stock holding and turn around within your product category.
• Responding promptly to product requests, new business quotations, tenders and enquiries from the Sales team.
• To Develop a strong and positive working relationship with all category suppliers.
• Implement best practice at all times, continually look at innovative and enhanced ways of working to improve & better develop results.
• To proactively be aware of supplier, market and competitor developments to ensure that the company are remaining competitive and at the forefront of product development.
• Liaise with all associated departments to asses and manage supplier performance.
• To ensure the company are meeting the best cost effective Route to Market options, and a timely Tender management.
Essential Attributes of the successful applicant
• Substantial previous Buying experience
• Strong negotiation skills
• Pro-active and Conscientious
• Excellent Communication Skills both written and verbal
• Advanced Microsoft Office use
Desirable attributes of the successful applicant:
• Previous wholesale packaging buying experience
• Previous use of SAP
• Previous industry experience with Bespoke Products
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job