Salary: Up to £45,000
Role: 3-month Fixed Term Contract
Our retail client is a true market leader in their field. Due to continued success our client is seeking talented individuals who can make a significant impact on sales and contribute to their current Food Buying Team. They are offering a rare opportunity to join their premium brand.
- You will be highly motivated, commercially driven and results orientated. This is a high-profile role within the business
- Strong negotiation experience is essential as you will be negotiation pricing deals with suppliers
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to motivate and influence key stakeholders
- Hands on with a real passion for detail and strong analytical skills
- As a Food Buyer you should have experience of developing strategy and business planning
- Strong Marketing and communication skills alongside relevant experience in order to raise the profile of the category externally
- You will need to be creative with strong idea generation and be creative in leading the pipeline of business
- The role requires a positive team player who can lead cross functional teams and be able to make decisions on projects and initiatives
- Ideally having experience working within the food or FMCG sector
The role – key responsibilities
- Monitoring category trends and defining how the category will meet its business dreams as well as developing new business opportunities
- You must have the ability to see the overall bigger picture of the business. You will be responsible for crafting, developing and implementing strategy, positioning of product and trends
- You will be working closely with sales to challenge and implement promotional plans to regenerate results
- Working in partnership with the Retail Merchandising team, agreeing the merchandising strategy to ensure sales, margins, stock budgets and forecasts are achieved
- You will work closely with the Head of Buying to develop strategic marketing plans and oversee purchasing initiatives to support retail objectives
- You will be responsible for developing and leading a team of Buyers and Purchasing Assistants
- Manage and review pricing, ensuring pricing that is competitive and maximises profitability
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, award winning specialist retail & HR recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with, our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We provide our candidates with a consultative, honest, high quality and efficient service which develops long term relationships ensuring we become the preferred consultancy for all our clients and candidates. We pride ourselves on understanding people – we are real, we get to the real you and we will get you real results. But then, put simply - It’s the way we work.
McCarthy Recruitment is retained and exclusive on this assignment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for this role now or find us online at:
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job