Our client, a well branded, globally recognised organisation, has an exciting opportunity for a Bespoke Buyer to be part of their Bespoke Buying team based in Chichester.
Our client is looking for someone who has an uncompromising sense of standards, an exceptional mindset and a real feeling for quality to procure the most suitable materials for each and every part of their vehicles. In their pursuit of uncompromising quality, their teams are tasked with ensuring all the materials they source continue to drive more sustainable and efficient production methods too.
• You will be responsible for securing the supply of low volume Bespoke Commission Collection components and selecting suitable suppliers in line with agreed cost, quality and time targets.
• This entails negotiating and agreeing prices and terms with suppliers in order to achieve the best possible invest/unit costs while taking account of design, volume and timing constraints.
• You will be an expert in project management ensuring all parts are supplied to the required quality standard and within the planned delivery timeline.
• You will proactively resolve supplier problems and ensure a continued successful business relationship with all parties involved.
- Some travel will be required.
Qualifications and Experience
• A degree (or equivalent) and ideally a CIPS qualification.
• Experience of production component purchasing within an automotive environment or equivalent manufacturing environment.
• Experience in managing professional supplier selection processes.
• Experience of handling commercial negotiations with external suppliers.
• Experience of project management and an understanding of new product development processes.
• Good problem solving ability required to overcome problems arising from specific cost, quality, time and logistics issues.
• Good interpersonal skills with an ability to influence key stakeholders.
Index Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
"Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion".
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job