This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of ambitions personnel who are acting as an employment agency.
We are currently supporting a charming business based in Melton Mowbray who is looking to hire a Buyer.
Our client continues to thrive and innovate, investing in new buildings and facilities and creating award-winning British products. This is an award winning business that continues to be run by farmers and relies on local milk from over 43 farms in Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire to create a range of very special cheese.
The main responsibility is to ensure the quality, quantity, and price of packaging and raw materials needed to produce cheese ordered by customers.
This position requires that the Buyer possesses the ability to work closely with the Operations and Sales teams to understand the weekly production requirements, as well as, to work closely with vendors to understand market changes, which will impact supply requirements.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Negotiate, or renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
- Analyse price proposals and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
- Confer with Production and Technical to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and assist in determining corrective action.
- Initiate projects to reduce the total cost of raw materials and packaging goods, working in conjunction with the Packaging Technologist.
- Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
- Maintain and review computerised or manual records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance, and inventories.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time, and in the event of problems trace shipments and follow up on undelivered goods.
- Study sales records and inventory levels of current stock to develop strategic purchasing programs
- Review product specifications, maintaining a working technical knowledge of the goods or services to be purchased.
- Previous Buying Role Experience, 3 years+
- Advanced Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations ideally, with a minimum of Advanced Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commercial Awareness
- Excellent Relationship Building Skills both internally with the Operations and Sales team and externally with vendors.
- Strong Numeracy Skills, qualification in grade C or above at GCSE.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with proven ability to work to tight deadlines and manage seasonal demands.
- IT literate with a working knowledge of MS Office packages and MRP systems.
This role will require a fantastic communicator who has confident interaction skills, able to build relationships with the senior management team and influence the outcome in a relaxed approachable nature.
You will need to be customer focused, extremely organised and comfortable with planning analysis.
This business offers a friendly, relaxed but hardworking environment with a charming culture.
- 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days + bank holidays
- Free on site car parking
- Great product discount
- Subsidised canteen
- Pension contribution
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, please assume that your application has not been successful.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job