Newstaff Employment Services are currently recruiting for a Buyer to join their team based in Hatfield.
It is imperative that you have experience working within the metals industry.
You will be responsible for managing suppliers and developing purchasing strategies as well as the planning and co-ordination of stock.
- Order placement
- Supply/Demand alignment material replenishment
- Supplier performance
- Sourcing best price
- Manage forecasting
- Plan and forecast demand with input from the sales team
- Control of the budget for purchasing
- Monitor delivery times
- Ensure the adequate supply of all required materials, component & equipment
- Deliver cost savings
- Ensure regular contact with suppliers to renegotiate prices
- Work closely with the warehouse
- Experience in supply chain management
- Experience in purchasing strategies and inventory management
- Knowledge of purchase order systems and related software
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Problem solving capabilities
- Planning and organising skills
- Handling critical issues
- Resourceful and organised
- Excellent time management skills
- Proficient in Excel
Due to the nature of this role, you will only be considered if you have previously worked within the metal industry.
Working hours are Mon – Thurs 8.45am – 5.30pm and Fridays is 8.45am – 4.30pm.
If you meet the criteria for this position, please apply now, alternatively you can contact Tracey on or email
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job