Our client is looking for a Buyer in Bedfordshire!
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that tender responses are analysed and solution proposals drafted for review and consideration.
- Responsibility for setting up new supplier accounts
- Support the Business Development team by consolidating pre-rating information multi-faceted cost base and proposing best fit solutions
- Manage business cost matrix maintenance (uploading of rates from tenders, data cleansing, admin support to Control Tower) and ensure open book publication to customers are as per SLAs
- To lead and manage a structured ongoing analysis of all relevant expenditure within specific commodity/service ranges, ensuring all in-scope procurement expenditure is actively managed to obtain maximum value for money.
- Supplier cost base management by evaluating and qualifying existing and new supplier opportunities.
- Working closely with internal & external stakeholders
- Manager in developing carrier sourcing strategy, negotiating best fit models to exceed service and procurement objectives with both existing and new suppliers as required.
- Develop Supplier SLAs and ensure adherence to contractual obligations via KPI implementation and management.
- Support and guide Network Analyst and Market Analyst by providing information and input as required
- Take responsibility for themselves and others at all times, adhering to the Company Health and Safety Policy
- Any other duties reasonably requested by Management
- Represent department in periodic business reviews with both customers and supplier
Knowledge and experience:
- Working with cross functional internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of a number of different and highly complex distribution networks.
- A successful track record in implementing governance and reporting processes
- Influence others to adhere to new processes and procedures
- Provide assistance during the implementation of new business in relation to tendering and any Haulier incumbents
- Highly data literate with experience of writing clear and concise tenders
- Working in a fast-moving procurement environment
- Excellent communication skills
- A-level standard or equivalent.
- Good level of business acumen
- Understanding of a commercial environment an advantage.
- Procurement experience a requirement
- Computer literate with at least intermediate in complete Microsoft office skills
- Presentation of documents / spreadsheets
- Displays a confident and professional manner
- Attention to detail and ability to use own initiative
- Additional EU Languages would be an advantage, but not essential
If you feel you have what it takes, please apply today because we'd love to hear from you!
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to get back to you within 48 hours. However, your application will be reviewed by a consultant as quickly as possible and if you are shortlisted we will aim to call you within two working days.
If you do not receive a call please do not be despondent. Typically only one candidate can be successful per role! Please apply for any future roles in the same way. Good luck!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job