When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Buyer to work as part of the Supply Chain team managing a portfolio of a wide range of laboratory consumables including working with key suppliers. You will work to the inventory plan in order to maximise customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure service level targets (fill rate and availability) are met.
- Ensure the inventory plan is followed and that targets are met.
- Effectively manage all purchasing and associated operational aspects of inventory management.
- Establish and build effective relationships with key suppliers and stakeholders within the business.
- Manage the execution of purchase orders for a portfolio of suppliers in accordance with the planning and scheduling calendar.
- Track Shipments of purchase orders and take necessary actions in case of unusual delay.
- Manage the data flow through each stage of a purchase order - confirmation, estimated ship date, ASNetc. Provide updates to changed delivery dates.
- Track the indicators of dead/excess stock and take the necessary actions to reduce them: Returns, promotions, sales, disposal.
- Mange the processing of delivery issues from suppliers - short/over/wrong product/damaged etc.
- Maintain a high level of internal customer service, supporting customer services and other business functions when required.
- Manage the implications of short dated stock, supplier contract conditions and compliance/regulatory issues associated with the supplier portfolio.
- Knowledge and experience of purchasing/inventory management, preferably in a distribution environment.
- Knowledge and experience of inventory management systems and methods.
- MS Excel intermediate level.
- Data manipulation and analytical ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to apply in communications with internal/external business partners.
- High level of organizational and time management skills.
- Sense of urgency and priority.
- Demonstrated ability to independently take ownership of initiatives and drive execution.
Please be advised that this is a one year fixed term contract.
- Inventory Management
- Purchase Orders
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job