Buyer; 6 month contract; Weymouth
We are looking to recruit a Buyer with experience of electrical component sourcing (must have) along with MRP systems experience and a strong customer service attitude.
* Achievement of results through purchasing within area of responsibility.
* Ensure that price (total cost), quality and logistics support the business objectives.
* Cooperation in preparation & implementation of policies and strategies.
* Contribution to continuous improvement projects across the organization.
* Run MRP and request quotations for items required to be purchased.
* Supply material due dates for new orders to the Purchasing Manager within 48hours of receiving details of the customer order.
* Execute MRP requirements in line with demand.
* Select supplier in accordance with approved supplier listing and place order at or below the standard cost.
* Obtain all necessary documentation and information to meet purchasing requirements for goods delivered.
* Progress all outstanding orders and identify shortages.
* Notify Purchasing Manager of any material issues which will affect production.
* Set planning parameters at component level as follows: order multiples, lead times, safety stocks, contract pricing, dock to stock, primary vendor
* Run cancellation report daily and cancel all items not required.
* Assist with placing general consumable and engineering requisitions when necessary.
* Attend Vendor Reviews as requested and assist with vendor appraisal.
* Deal with reject and quarantined materials promptly.
* Constantly seek reductions on cost of materials and the costs of acquisition.
* Review purchasing activities on current projects to ensure all delivery dates are achieved and all problems solved.
* Assist with preparation of and collating of Management data.
* Collate data for PCB Purchase specification.
* Set up Vendor Schedules / Buffer Agreements and monitor inventory and liability.
* Reschedule material as required.
* The buyer will be expected to work using Macola, the Vendor Portal, Microsoft Office and Connectivity Obsolescence Management Software. ( plus other tools, as required)
* Working within a lean environment be constantly seeking an suggesting ways of improving working methods.
* Processing of EPRs
* Carry out any other related tasks as specified by the Operational Purchasing Lead or Head of Procurement
Morson are acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job