Location: You will be based in Eastleigh but will need to be prepared to travel to Wrexham a 2-3 days a week. Accommodation and a company car will be provided.
Salary: a daily rate for this role of circa £200
Hours of work: Core hours Monday to Friday
Dynamite Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Buyer to join one our top clients based in Eastleigh on temporary basis for 3-4 months. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join a busy and experienced team.
The key purpose of this role is to manage the company's materials spend in respect of Network Components (Wrexham), and ensure that products are supplied at the lowest possible acquisition cost in accordance with company requirements.
Specific duties of the Buyer will include the following:
- Manage the commercial relationship with suppliers regarding price, lead time and supply assurance.
- Capture new ideas/innovations for our suppliers in liaison with the Engineering department.
- Engaging with Engineering & Commercial teams to drive purchasing influence.
- Identifying single source materials and approving new sources of supply to reduce supply risks.
- Work closely with internal customers and external suppliers to ensure the most cost-effective solutions with respect to materials and goods.
- Raise purchase orders and negotiate contracts on behalf of the Company for the supply of requisitioned or specified materials and goods, ensuring accurate SAP records are maintained.
- Keep abreast of supply market trends to enable the Company to plan internal projects and initiatives effectively and to ensure purchases are consistently made at competitive unitary prices.
- Undertake analysis of price variation by focussing on product cost drivers and cost reduction.
- Work closely with the Engineering function to reduce costs using the Design to Cost (DTC) tool.
- Positively encouraging suppliers to challenge designs and manufacturing methods with a view to reducing costs.
- Strategically maintain competition amongst suppliers through communication, negotiation, appraisal and evaluation, competitive tendering, Requests for Quotation (RFQs) and benchmarking or any other ethical means.
- Provide statistical purchasing data to the Central Purchasing Function in Milan.
- Manage the vendor rating and contractor approval processes in conjunction with internal and external audit procedures and highlighting supply risk analysis data to the Company.
- Ad hoc support to the Purchasing Manager as required including preparation of Management plan in line with Company procedures and Central Purchasing guidelines.
- Work with GCL (Global commodity leaders) based in Milan to identify opportunities and align with group strategies.
- Identify and assess commercial advantages to be gained from low cost manufacturing countries.
The ideal Buyer:
- Will ideally be educated to degree level in technical/engineering subject with proven experience of operating in commercial environment.
- Be able to communicate effectively with suppliers and internal customers
- Will have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office and experience of SAP will be desirable.
- Will have a full UK driving license and be required to undertake regular travel to Wrexham.
- purchasing assistant