Another exciting opportunity for a Buyer with previous food industry experience has arisen.. come and join our award-Winning team!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a bright, enthusiastic, confident and commercially driven Buyer to join a market leading Food Procurement Company. This position offers the opportunity for excellent career progression, training, development, and a competitive salary. An impressive Employee Benefits package is also available after completion of the probationary period.
As a leading foodservice procurement specialist, we provide full management of the food and catering related supply chain to our clients throughout the UK. Working in genuine collaboration, our expertise and support deliver innovative, financially attractive long-term benefits to our clients and their customers.
It is essential that you are: organised, ambitious, tenacious, commercial and have an interest in the food industry. You should be able to work in a team as well as autonomously.
As a Buyer you will report to the Procurement Manager and engage with suppliers to deliver value on behalf of our clients:
- Assume responsibility for, and manage assigned Categories to deliver reduced product costs in line with Company Buying strategy
- Performance manage assigned Suppliers in line with Company Buying strategy
- Implement agreed improvement practices in partnership with key suppliers, and 'inspireimprovement’ to deliver enhanced client satisfaction
- Deliver team projects to plan and manage tasks efficiently to meet client requirements
- Drive quality standards and ensure that suppliers operate to best practice and in a safe manner
- Support Buying team activity to help deliver sustained business growth
Applications are welcomed from candidates educated to degree level in a business-related or analytical subject and ideally with work experience gained in Business and Industry. For the right candidate, the Company will fund training for CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply).
- Supply Chain
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job