PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST/BUYER; STEVENAGE; £30.00/HR LTD; CONTRACT
Our client is responsible for procuring direct and indirect products and services for both projects and the business and an opportunity has arisen in the UK indirect procurement team which is currently responsible for the following categories, Facilities Management, HR Services, Learning & Development, Contract Labour, Group Travel, Engineering Offload and Outsourcing and all General Procurement.
The successful candidate will bring their experience and knowledge to provide internal stakeholders with support on all contingent worker and offload services.
In this role, you will work closely in collaboration with our Managed Service Providers (MSP) who are responsible for the provision and management Contingent Workers (CW) as well as various projects and functions in the business, to support and promote offload.
This is a key, strategic opportunity to support the future workload with an agile and adaptive approach
The main activities
* Drive supplier tenders to achieve value for the business and introduce new suppliers to challenge the current supplier base
* Build supplier relationships that generate value for both the client and the suppliers
* Manage the risks within the categories, escalating to the domain lead where relevant
* Manage supplier reviews with preferred and key suppliers in conjunction with contract milestones and SLAs.
* Define a sourcing strategy, and apply competitive methodologies to drive down prices to achieve and preferably exceed pre-agreed performance targets
* Research market intelligence to identify trends and innovations for the category
* Prepare, negotiate and agree supplier contracts and frame agreements and ensure that these are being used effectively by the internal stakeholders
* Provision of category data to the Domain Lead
Who and what are we looking for from you?
* Preferably CIPS Level 4+ Qualified * Demonstrable experience of the procurement life cycle * Confidence in negotiating with suppliers, and making recommendations to internal stakeholders. * Fully competent in drafting contracts and framework agreements including mitigation of risk to the business * Strong communication and interpersonal skills * Regular UK travel and occasional European travel required
* Proven ability to influence at all levels within the organisation * Team player with cultural sensitivity * Able to work within a demanding and changing environment * IT skills in terms of data analysis, manipulation and presentations * Strong communication skills * Good negotiation skills * Proactive approach / Self starter
Please note that is a limited rate per hour advertised.
Morson is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy.