My client is looking for an experienced Buyer who will be able to upon request process purchasing requisitions and turn those requisitions into purchase orders. The Buyer will be responsible for creating and maintaining purchase order tracking systems, alerting management when orders have been filled along with continuous monitoring of supplier performance against their requirements. The buyer will be responsible for answering any vendor questions and providing them with additional order documentation as needed. The successful candidate for this position has ideally experience in the manufacturing industry and a strong understanding of supply chain management concepts.
This role is to support a critical project where attention to detail, ensuring accurate data is a must. The role is offered on a contract basis with an immediate start required.
- Take full responsibility for transactional purchasing of an agreed range of categories/supplies
- Deliver a weekly purchase order report to management and project team that indicates due date against required date highlighting any late deliveries and/or slippages with mitigating actions (recovery plans) ensuring optimum delivery performance from the supply chain
- Maintain project purchase order tracking system ensure data accuracy for weekly programme reviews
- Present supply chain status on a weekly basis for areas/categories of responsibility.
- Effective and pro-active query resolution with suppliers via email, phone or if required supplier visit
- MCIPS or working towards desirable
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous purchasing/buying experience preferably within manufacturing.
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and industry standard purchase order software platforms. (Experience of Sage/A-cloud desirable.)
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
- Supply chain