An excellent opportunity for a Buyer to join a busy and growing company based close to Greenford, Middlesex.
This role promises to be varied and interesting and candidates will be working with bespoke systems for the Aerospace and Defence sectors.
The main scope of the role will be to source, negotiate and develop strategic supplier partnerships, driving down cost and driving up quality, to ensure that the company's operational requirements are achieved.
- Proven purchasing experience in similar manufacturing markets such as Defence, Aerospace, Electronics, Medical
- Relevant Business, Commercial or Manufacturing / Engineering Degree, HNC, BTec Higher Professional Diploma, or equivalent NVQ Level 4 qualifications
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)
- Being MRP literate would be a distinct advantage
- Understanding of licence control processes and importation of international components
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers
- Review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- Build maintain and manage supplier relationships and ensure good communications
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures
- Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers and in line with organisational targets and requirements
If you are interested in this Buyer opportunity, click Apply Now and we will be in touch with you soon.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job