Buyer required. My client is a leading manufacturer and due to an extended period of growth they are now seeking a Buyer to join their team. This role would suit a Buyer who is experienced in the fasteners background and is based in a commutable distance of the Dudley area.
It is envisaged that the successful Buyer will have previous experience gained within a Manufacturing/ Engineer environment and be keen to progress in a new opportunity. The Buyer will be responsible for researching and obtaining new suppliers in order sustain company projects and will liaise with the engineering department in order to meet material needs. The ideal Buyer will also be responsible for negotiation and management of supplier accounts.
This role will include an element of stock management including the use of company software. This position is a hands on role and would suit an individual who is looking to progress their career in Procurement.
Buyer Position Overview
- Researching and obtaining new suppliers
- Negotiating with Suppliers in both the UK and overseas
- Stock control
- Use of company MRP/ERP software
- Liaising with Engineering department in order to meet material requirements
Buyer Position Requirements
- Previous experience within a Procurement environment
- IT Literate
- CIPS (would be an advantage)
- Ambitious and enthusiastic
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to source new suppliers
- Experience in the Fasteners sector (would be an advantage)
Buyer Position Remuneration
- Salary £24,000 - £30,000 (dependent upon experience)
- 28 days' holiday - including bank holidays
- Life Assurance
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job