Materials Buyer (Landscape / Construction)
Our client is a fast growing landscape and construction materials supplier who are currently seeking a Materials Buyer with experience in the industry.
The ideal Materials Buyer will have good knowledge of the landscaping and/or construction sector with the demonstrable ability to identify and build excellent working relationships with suppliers and clients alike.
Excellent negotiation skills are essential as is the ability to work with other departments to provide excellent service. Our client is looking for someone who seeks out opportunities to expand the business and who will work with the Sales Team to increase contracts won.
The ideal Material Buyer candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Have experience working within the landscaping/construction sectors
- Be persuasive
- Excellent communications skills with individuals at all levels
- Good Ms Office skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Be a team player
Your duties as an Material Buyer will include:
- Setting up new supply chains across the UK
- Negotiating contracts and purchasing agreements (seeking value while maintaining quality)
- Maintain a supplier database
- Place orders in good time ensuring relevant internal paperwork is completed and passed to the Accounts Department
£30,000 - £35,000 Depending On Experience
Monday to Friday 8.30 am - 5.00pm
Rural East Sussex
Buyer, Purchasing, Materials, Landscape, Construction, Negotiation, Procurement
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job