• To deliver effective procurement solutions for material supply, balancing total cost, quality and service with an objective to minimize materials inventory, obsolescence and achieve yearon-year cost reduction.
• Owns the relationship between suppliers and the business
• Works collaboratively to reduce cost and business risk; delivering a better value supply chain by embedding supplier relationship management into projects and focusing on needs of internal and external
• Undertakes specific purchasing projects led by business priorities and spend analysis, including supplier research, supplier performance improvement, tender
development/evaluation, development of contracts and
• To ensure the timely and efficient procurement of all materials at lowest total cost whilst meeting the required / defined service and quality levels.
• To assist with supplier selection / negotiations.
• To implement global / regional purchasing strategies at a local level.
• To implement the agreed delivery parameters (safety stock at plant, delivery sizes / leadtimes, MOQs, payment terms, financial commitment etc) and validate the suppliers’ Logistics and Quality Assurance specifications.
• To maintain accurate area/category data: pricing, PT,
OTIF, ensure database is always current, generate accurate cost development
• Manage supply relationships with key suppliers through regular fact based supplier reviews against agreed SLA's or the other business procurement tools
Minimum 2 years in a purchasing role
Excellent communication skills
Strong negotiation skills
SAP experience ideally
CIPS studlier preferred but not essential
Supply Chain Knowledge
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job