A fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to join a market leading manufacturer based in Milton Keynes with a salary range of £25-35 k. Flexible on level of experience, this role would be perfect for a buyer who wants a Senior Buyer, or Commodity Manager position, or a Junior buyer who wants to step up to a Buyer. The Buyer will sit in the purchasing department, with excellent progression opportunities in a family feel environment.
Candidates will have previous experience within purchasing or procurement specifically within a technical manufacturing environment and Ideally with electronic components, at Buyer or Senior Buyer or level.
Role responsibilities of the Buyer include:
- Management of ordering parameters within the MRP system.
- Formulating enquiry packages for the buying team
- Generation of weekly & monthly reports in support of the purchasing department.
- Procurement of development parts and equipment.
- Develop into the role of a commodity contact point for enquiries.
- Closing of purchase invoices with vendors and processing of returns and credit.
- Ordering of bespoke components/consumable items to support our drive to meet the production deadlines.
- General administrative work to ensure this aspect of the department runs smoothly.
Person Specification of the Buyer:
- Previous experience in a purchasing or procurement or Buyer role within a manufacturing/electronics and electro-mechanical industry
- Experience in dealing with external vendors
- MRP experience and IT literate
- Work within strict deadlines to complete & prioritise allocated tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure
Up to £35k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement as a buyer, sourcing specialist, procurement officer, commodity manager, commodity buyer, category manager, senior buyer or junior buyer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job