Buyer, Dorset, Electronics, Manufacturing, PCB's, MRP, ERP, Purchasing, Vendor Management, Weymouth, CIPS
Your new company
The Group manage a wide range of specialist capabilities, generating highly-differentiated solutions and products in the Defence & Aerospace, Security & Cyber, Transport and Energy markets.
They meet their customer's needs by applying electronic and software technologies in demanding environments and satisfying critical requirements.
With a footprint in 30 countries globally this business can provide longevity and fulfilment in a rewarding career path.
Your new role
This role will look after the direct spending for on-site production of technology and electrical products. Reporting into the Operational Purchasing Lead this role will ensure supplier schedules are met and act as a point of contact to PCB and other component suppliers.
This role will coordinate continuous improvement projects as well as monitoring suppliers on OTIF requirements and quality measures.
- Run MRP and request quotations for items required to be purchased.
- Supply material due dates for new orders to the Purchasing Manager within 48 hours of receiving details of the customer order.
- Execute MRP requirements in line with demand.
- Select supplier in accordance with approved supplier listing and place order at or below the standard cost.
- Obtain all necessary documentation and information to meet purchasing requirements for goods delivered.
- Progress all outstanding orders and identify shortages.
- Notify Purchasing Manager of any material issues which will affect production.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in fast paced purchasing environment
- CIPS (not essential)
- MRP user
- High organisation skills
- Good stakeholder engagement
- Negotiation skills
What you'll get in return
Free parking, flexible hours, Early finish Friday, pension, competitive salary, career progression opportunities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job